Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Whole Wheat Cheese Crackers

I don't even know why I am blogging right now. It is 5am and I am getting ready for a birthday party for a million...yes, a million toddlers. I should be frosting mini cupcakes, but instead I am writing about cheesy ghost crackers cuz they are that good. Makes these and create instant fun. You can use any shape you want. I think that both of my birthday babies are gonna love them along with the millions of toddlers. What fun! 
 These ingredients were invited to the party. I used whole wheat flour and a sharp Cheddar. 

Lets get going. 
 Thank you food processor. You are a wonder. 
 Mix until it forms a ball. 
 Ready to roll.
 These are so cute. I froze my dough and then thawed it out prior to rolling and cutting. A great project to do with your kiddos.

Whole Wheat Cheese "Boo" Crackers
From Smitten Kitchen
Makes about 75

Ingredients
6 oz of Cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
4 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt

Preheat your oven to 350. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Run the machine until the dough forms a ball. If the dough feels to warm to roll out, chill in the fridge for about 30 min.
On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thickness. From shapes and lay on a parchment lined sheet. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes until the edges are golden brown.  Let cool on a rack and enjoy. Happy Halloween and Happy Birthday Calvin, and Hope!.




No comments:

Post a Comment