Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

It has been some time and Sunflower, Bran, Chip mini muffins

Hi! I made muffins. It has been a bit since I have posted a blog. Yes, I know. We have been busy with two kiddos, traveling, working and of course all things crazy. To see more crazy you can follow me on Instagram. Speaking of crazy, these muffins are perfect to serve to any toddler or school aged kid and are parent approved....I think? They have bran, sunflower butter and minimal sugar. Perfect for an afternoon snack attack, and they were a hit for Calvin's birthday...ooof way back in October. Like I said we have been busy.
Sunflower butter is my new go to spread. I love how it tastes, it is super healthy and reminds me of watching baseball an attempting to eat sunflower seeds.
The bran flakes and make this muffins tender and tasty. Enjoy!!!!
Ps: Here are a few pics of what the heck we have been doing this past year...





Sunflower Butter Bran Muffins
Makes about 12 large muffins / 24 mini muffins
by Weelicious
Ingredients
2 and 1/2 cups bran flakes from a cereal
1 and 1/4 cups whole milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tables spoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/3 cup veggie oil
1/2 cup sunflower butter
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or dried fruit, optional


  1. 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  2. 2. In a bowl, combine the bran flakes and milk and let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk in the egg, oil and sunflower butter.
  3. 3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
  4. 4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips, if desired.
  5. 5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

2 comments: