Ps: Here are a few pics of what the heck we have been doing this past year...
Sunflower Butter Bran Muffins
Makes about 12 large muffins / 24 mini muffins
2 and 1/2 cups bran flakes from a cereal
1 and 1/4 cups whole milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tables spoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/3 cup veggie oil
1/2 cup sunflower butter
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or dried fruit, optional
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the bran flakes and milk and let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk in the egg, oil and sunflower butter.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- 5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.