Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Blueberry Lemon Cake


Yes, Yes I know what you are thinking... lemons again!! What the heck is her deal? She adds them to cookies, muffins and salad dressing. Um...yes...I am fully aware that I have been on a lemon kick lately... I do love me some lemons.

Especially in this cake with big ol' plump blueberries. 


See how happy they are... floating in a sea of yogurt lemon batter. They are smiling.. can't you tell. 
You will smile too after taking a bite out of this easy Lemon Cake. 



Lemon Yogurt Cake
Adapted from  Ina Garten

1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup whole plan yogurt  ( I only had fat free Greek style yogurt on hand and it worked out perfectly... still very moist)
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
lemon zest from 2 lemons
1/2 vanilla extract
1/2 cup veggie oil
1 and 1/2 cups blueberries ( or whatever fruit you would like to add)


Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment. ( I used a mini loaf pan and did not line the bottoms with parchment)

Sift together 1 and 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. I another bowl, mix the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Toss the blueberries in 1 tablespoon of flour, and fold them gently into the batter. Pour into pan and bake for about and hour or until a cake tester comes out clean. I had to cover mine with tin foil at about 40 min due to the edges getting to brown. So keep an eye on it.  When done cool and enjoy!!!

Time to get dirty!

4 comments:

  1. Two of the best flavors ever. Me wants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the combination of blueberries and lemon. Great looking cake/bread...my kinda food. Would be great as muffins too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sucker for Blueberry and lemon muffins, I will deffinetly have to try to make the cake!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete