Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Lemon, Almond, Ricotta Muffins



Almonds, lemons, ricotta cheese in mini muffin form. It does not get any better than that. And believe me these muffins sing!! Really they do!!
They sing a song called "put me in your mouth and smile!" I know you have heard it.. It is a hit... I swear!
Lemon Ricotta Almond Muffins

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 tablespoon lemon zest ( or just eye ball it! I used the zest of two medium lemons)
1 egg
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1/2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
sliced almonds to sprinkle on top

Line a muffin tin or mini muffin tin with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.

In another bowl beat 1 cup sugar, butter and lemon zest until pale and fluffy. Beat in the ricotta. Beat in the egg, lemon juice and almond extract. Add the dry ingredients. 

Divide the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the sliced almonds and sugar over the top. Bake until they are golden brown on top. About 18 to 20 min.  These can be served warm or at room temperature.

Smile, sing and enjoy!
Time to get dirty. 

15 comments:

  1. I could have had one of those for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I have some ricotta sitting in my fridge waiting to be used up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, and yeah, I have all the ingredients for these! I want one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so making this! I heart muffins and this looks like good stuff. I would make this, this evening if it weren't that I don't have any ricotta. Great find and thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh what a fantastic new muffin flavor :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, they look so delicate and delicious. I love the sugar on top...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These really sound amazing. I haven't seen these elsewhere, so I must congratulate you on your creativity. I really like the food you feature here and I'll be back often to keep pace with what you've been cooking. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so good! I love anything lemon in the summertime. These would be great for a brunch or tea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh these look great! I will have to try these soon...will let you know how they turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baking with ricotta is so good! These muffins look nice and moist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of those slivered almonds, these are beautiful muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were right - I heard the song too! :) Awesome recipe. Even Andy, a chocoholic who thinks anything without chocolate is crap, has eaten 4 of them already.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That trio sounds really good together. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are some great looking muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute little muffins - love the flavor combo idea

    ReplyDelete